CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday



I don't have too much to report, because things have pretty much remained the same. Which is good, and bad. Good because Ella Hope Carder is doing so well! She is still being weened off of the ventilator and is responding very well to that. And I'm not just saying this because she is my niece, (well...maybe I'm biased :) , but she is absolutely the most beautiful baby ever! She has a little turned up nose like her sister, she has a little round head covered in dark blond hair, and little alert eyes that just bring such joy every time they open. It is so amazing to watch as Amy and Rick talk to her and she immediately knows when they are there! She starts moving and opens her eyes--she knows her Mommy and Daddy and it is one of the most precious things I've seen.

The bad I mentioned is that Amy's blood pressure is still unstable. She has been resting yesterday and today, but it continues to spike throughout the night and day. So please please please pray for Amy's healing. She is on medication and the Dr. is watching it closely. The nurses have said that some of this is normal because Amy got so sick so fast over the weekend so it is just going to take awhile for her body to get back to normal. She is in excellent care with an amazing Dr. (who also delivered Eva) and great nurses. Please pray that today will bring a change as they don't want to go home until they know this is under control (and they were originally thinking they would be released this evening).

Specifics for prayer:
AMY'S BLOOD PRESSURE--that was Rick's main request this morning for me to put on the blog ( He is taking excellent care of all of his girls this week. You all would be so proud to see him in action. He is caring for his family with such strength which God is renewing daily. Continue to pray for him too.)

Ella's continued healing and recovery--that it would continue to go well and progress. They love getting to go down to see her and hearing about how great she is doing.


I will post more as soon as I know more. They were going to go down and see Ella here after a while this morning, so I'll post again as I hear from Rick. Love you all. Rick said again that they are just so overwhelmed by the love you all are showing them. They are amazed at the family of God and how God provides such comfort and support through His children for His children. They read the blog and the comments and it means so much. God bless you all today and may more prayers be answered today.

15 comments:

The Speck family said...

Sooooo happy that sweet Ella is doing so well and enjoying her talks with her mommy and daddy. Amy, we are praying all day for your BP and Rick, we are praying for your strength as you take care of your 3 beautiful girls. We love you! Kelly & Travis

Katie McB. said...

We have only met once or twice but I wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you. I am Patty's daughter.
You have been in my continual prayers over the last week. I teach at a private school and my students have also been praying for you. Praise God for Ella's progress. I am continually praying for her and for Amy's healing.
Katie McBroom

Anonymous said...

Love you guys so much. Our prayers are with you and I can't wait to meet Ella!
Love,
Christiana (and Matthew...he asks about you every day)

Elizabeth Miller said...

We love you and lift you high to the throne of our Healer and Creator ALL day and Night! We send big hugs and kisses across the miles! WE LOVE YOU! Kev, Eliz, Bella and MK

Chesley said...

I just love her! She is so alert! I wish I could reach in the picture and squeeze on her!!! :) I am soooo glad Ella is doing so well. I pray a quick recovery for you both. We love your sweet family so much. You have been such great witnesses to so many.

Many,Many Blessings.

Lindsey said...

Still praying! I love the updates! Sure is quiet without you here in the office rick! I know you are missing all the noise here in the office! praying for you all.

Jodi said...

We are in CONSTANT prayer for all 4 of you... thanking God for how far you've come and for watchcare for where you are headed. Thanks Ann for the updates... we'll look forward to hearing about Amy's BP getting better and better and Ella off the vent!!!

Anonymous said...

I am very happy to hear that sweet Ella is doing so well. Amy, I am praying hard for you honey and hoping that your BP stabilizes quickly. Rick and Ann I am proud of you both for staying so strong and taking care of everyone. I love all of you with all of my heart. Please give Amy and Ella big hugs and kisses for me.

Summer said...

amy, i think about you guys all day every day. i have wanted to call but don't want to bother you, especially since you should be resting with your BP that high. jason and i are praying for all of you and love you guys! again, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. i'm assuming that ann gave you the details on the meals we'll be getting to you next week so i'll talk to you then. ella is beautiful! :-)

amber dayton said...

God brings you all to mind so often each day & I'm so thankful for these updates so I know how to best pray for you guys! The pictures are just precious - she is a doll! Praying healing, rest, & peace from the Father for all of you!

Unknown said...

Praying without ceasing for each member of the Carder family...just love you all so very much! Here's her verse for the day..."Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my HOPE comes from Him." May His peace fill your hearts and bring you all home soon!
Hugs!

GPaty said...

We love you, precious Carder family! Our thoughts and prayers are with all 4 of you as you anticipate the day when you can all be together as a family.
Cody, Ginger, & kids

Shelly said...

I think about you guys all the time and I know God is taking care of you. Praying for healing for you both! Yea for blogland so we can all get updates on you guys. Love you and look forward to the day in the near future that you are BOTH home!! Hugs--Shelly

Lori said...

you guys are on the top of my prayer list. so great to hear that ella is doing so well. i love you guys! : )Lori

Brooks Inc. said...

Love the good news about Ella...and praying all the time for that blood pressure Amy. We are longing for it to come down.

Know our entire family is lifting you before the Lord all the time.

We love you so!

BJB